Amature Radio with an RTL-SDR 2

This is part 2 to my adventure into amature radio receiving. I conveyed my intention to receive images from NOAA satellites in the first part. I was unable to replicate the results of the possible image, despite the construction of a 137 MHz V-dipole antenna (albeit probably not the best antenna since I am not experienced in antenna construction). Tomorrow I'll try building the antenna detailed here. Hopefully that will give me sufficient signal intensity to receive visually recognizable images. The other complicating factor is I'm uncertain how to match the default 11.250kHz sampling of the audio input file in wxtoimg with the 44.1kHz sampling of audio by CubicSDR and then the 44.1kHz sampling of the recording program. I did change the wxtoimg sampling to 44.1kHz however any potential image was distorted beyond the ability of wxtoimg to overlay a map upon it. I'll update you tomorrow (I guess whenever I say tomorrow in this post I mean today since it's past midnight)


I got the following image yesterday Sept 28 from NOAA 18. It's in Infrared and you can sort of make out Baja California on the right side.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using Airplane Transponder Data to Characterize Antenna Performance

Microstate table for a d3 electronic configuration.

Perturbation Theory in Mathematica